The current neoliberal food system is not working for us, for our people, and for our planet.
We must reclaim our voices to demand food systems that put our fundamental rights above profit, our planet over corporations, and our sovereignty over monopolies. On June 5, World Environment Day, hear from the displaced voices of the United Nations Food Systems Summit and why we are organizing a counter-summit.
It’s time for a true Global People’s Summit for a Just, Equitable, Healthy, and Sustainable Food Systems!
MEDIA LAUNCH OF THE GLOBAL PEOPLE’S SUMMIT ON FOOD SYSTEMS
Theme: RECLAIM: Dismantle corporate control over food to restore ecosystems
Date: June 5, 2021
Time: 9 PM Philippines | 3 PM Jerusalem | 4 PM Kenya | 10 AM Brazil | 3 PM CEST
Watch the livestream of the media launch on the Facebook pages of the Global People’s Summit (@OurFoodSystems) and its organizers.
The Global People’s Summit is organized by:
- People’s Coalition on Food Sovereignty (PCFS)
- PAN Asia Pacific (PANAP)
- Asian Peasant Coalition (APC)
- Arab Group for the Protection of Nature (APN)
- Arab People for Food Sovereignty (ANFS)
- Eastern and Southern Africa Small-scale Farmers Forum (ESAFF)
- Indigenous Peoples’ Movement for Self-Determination and Liberation (IPMSDL)
- Coalition of Agricultural Workers International (CAWI)
- Asian Rural Women’s Coalition (ARWC)
- Global Forest Coalition (GFC)
- People Over Profit (POP)
- Asia Pacific Research Network (APRN)
- IBON International
- Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Land and Development (APWLD)
- Stop Golden Rice Network (SGRN)
- PAN North America (PANNA)
- A Growing Culture
- Youth for Food Sovereignty (YFS)